Assignment 2: Case Analysis—Google in China
By the due date assigned.
Governments play an important role in business decisions and business operations. The case study in this assignment provides a fascinating view of the business environment in China.
Read the following case study:
Analyze the case. In a 3- to 4-page case analysis, address the following questions:
- What is the basic situation described in the case? Summarize the Google experience.
- There are many cultural differences between the US and China, one highlighted in the paper is on censorship. Discuss the meaning of the Pew Internet & American Life Project about internet censorship in China.
- What do you see as potential issues with the Chinese policy of censorship when it comes to access of information?
- Hofstede’s cultural dimensions model present an interesting way to evaluate the cultural differences between societies. Using the information in the article and Chapter 2 of your text discuss how use of such a tool would be of benefit to business, especially in a country such as China.
- Google’s philosophy of “do no evil” seems to be greatly challenged by the Chinese policy of censorship. Present an argument either for or against Google’s chosen course of action.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.