- What is racism? In what ways does racism affect diversity?
- Throughout most of U.S. history, in most locations, what race has been in the majority? What is the common ancestral background of most members of this group?
- What are some of the larger racial minorities in U.S. history? Identify the common ancestral backgrounds of each of these groups. When did each become a significant or notable minority group?
- Describe ways laws have been used to enforce discrimination? Provide examples. Which racial minorities were affected?
- Describe ways laws have been used to eliminate discrimination? Provide examples. Summarize the effects of these laws.
- How do racial groups interact in contemporary America? Are interactions positive, negative, or neutral? Support your response using proper citations.
- Identify any existing social inequities based on race that remain today. Summarize the effects of remaining inequities on the group.
Include detailed speaker notes and images that support your content. Each slide should have three to four bullets of text which are a high-level overview of what’s included in your speaker notes. You may write the speaker notes in the notes section of your selected presentation tool or in a separate Word document.
Cite your sources according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines.
Activity on Racial Composition Over Time
Go to the following link:
Consult the material in the document posted under “Student Materials” link. Following all those steps,
1) Take percentages for races in 2010 and 2014;
2) Report the change in the racial composition by percentage. For example, you may report your city had 15% Hispanics in 2010, whereas it increased to 18% in 2014.
3) Write a small paragraph explaining the changes over time in your view .
Cultural Origins of Undocumented Immigrants
Think of a country (e.g. Mexico, India, Pakistan, Philippines etc.) from which undocumented workers arrive to the USA. Scroll down in the bottom of the map, and select the country, and find out which states have the highest number of this group of people.
Tell us your views of the effects of these undocumented immigrants on society and culture as a whole. You may use some factual evidence from your textbook.
"Are you looking for this answer? We can Help click Order Now"
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.