Ashford 3: - Week 2 - Discussion 2
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Reference the Discussion Forum Grading Rubricfor guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Ethics and Moral Development
Prepare:In preparing for this discussion, you should first review the Week Two required resources that focus on ethics and morals. You will examine your own development of ethical and moral responsibilities.
Reflect:Take a deeper look at your own life and determine which experiences have inspired ethical and moral reasoning. Were there any huge influences in this process?
Write:For this discussion you will
- Explain what it means to be ethical as it relates to personal, academic, and professional growth.
- Provide at least one ethical dilemma you have encountered and describe how the issue was resolved.
- Describe how your general education courses influenced your ethical values.
- Explain why a college-educated person might have different duties to society than someone not as educated.
- Support your claims with examples from required material(s) and/or other scholarly sources, and properly cite any references.
- Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length.
Respond to Peers: Review your classmates’ posts, and respond to at least two of your peers by Day 7. In each response, provide comments that prompt further critical thinking and insight on your classmate’s perspective on ethical values as they relate to their personal, academic and professional lives. Each participation post should be a minimum of 75 words.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.