Construct: Product Life Cycle Presentation
Estimated time to complete: 4 hours
Evaluation Title: Product Life Cycle Presentation
Similarly to human beings, products have a life cycle which begins and eventually ends. A manager needs to understand the life cycle of products within the business and at which stage each product is in.
Assume the role of a manager of at a DVD manufacturing plant which creates DVDs to sell to distributors. The company has been in business for approximately 20 years, when DVDs and DVD players were introduced to the public. Recently, this industry has undergone many technological advances, especially with the advent of new options for consumers such as Blu Ray discs and the rising popularity of streaming video services such as Hulu and Netflix. It is apparent that Blu Ray discs, which the business does not manufacture, are taking over the shelf space previously occupied by DVDs.
- Prepare an informational 8 to 10 slide PowerPoint presentation
for the business owner. In the presentation, cover the
- Describe the four stages of the product life cycle.
- Identify the stage of life the product (DVDs) are currently in, providing rationale for this information.
- Project the direction of the industry for the next 5 years, citing research as applicable.
- Identify two suggestions for next steps in production with rationale for each suggestion (i.e. continue with DVD production, stop production, move to streaming services, etc.).
- Complete additional research on this topic to support ideas.
- Include speaker notes on each slide with the information above.
- Utilize correct APA formatting, cite and reference materials appropriately.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.