1. Write a memo to your boss (real or hypothetical) based upon the example found on page 14 in our text. This memo should justify reimbursement for this course. Explain how the course will help you become a more effective employee.
2. Select a short article from your field (or part of a long article or a selection from your textbook for an advanced course). Choose a piece written at the highest level of technicality you can understand and then translate that piece for a layperson, as in the example on page 23.
3. Assume that a new employee is taking over your job because you have been promoted. Identify a specific problem in the job that could cause difficulty for the new employee. Assume that you will need to write instructions for the employee to help him or her cope with the problem. Create an audience and use profile based on Figure 2.7 (page 30). Use the page 28 case as a model for your responses.
4. What role does ethics play in technical communication? How will this specifically relate to your future profession? How can you ensure that you write ethically and with cultural awareness?
5. Describe the role communication will play in your future field of employment. If you are unsure as to what that will be you may select a current or past position, or a career that would be your “dream” job. In 3-5 paragraphs describe the forms of communication you would use on a daily, weekly, and or monthly basis. Include as much information as possible given what you know about communication in that field.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.