1-2 Discussion: Introduction
Scott Jackson posted Mar 22, 2022 6:11 AM
Good day team,
My name is Scott Jackson, and I am delighted to meet and connect with everyone. I am a career sales management professional, and my goal is to reach VP or partner with a forward-thinking firm. I believe earning my MBA will make me more competitive in the job market. I am also an Atlanta, Ga native.
As organizations scale, challenges will arise that conflict with the company’s new vision. Cash flow is one of many challenges an organization could expect to experience. Growth often requires new processes and often lacks real-time data. This leads to the under availability of products, excessive returns of others, and poor inventory retention. Cash flow issues such as these can also cause delays with inventory suppliers’ settlements (Gulati & DeSantola, 2021).
An organization may also find it challenging to plan and forecast with discipline. As a firm grows, a clear vision with set plans and goals is necessary. Maintaining proper business hygiene allows the company to develop a long-term vision and have the departments proactively grow with the organizational needs (Gulati & DeSantola, 2021).
When scaling an organization, middle managers and team leaders often play the role of guide and mouthpiece for the organization. The leaders need to be able to set clear performance targets that echo the company’s vision. This message can create tension with the “old guard”; however, management is expected to display excellent communication characteristics. Managers should also display the characteristics of being multi-dimensional. Finally, as roles change and expand, leaders should be flexible with their learning and expertise to properly contribute to the company’s direction (Toppr, n.d.).
Gulati, R., & DeSantola, A. (2021, September 17). Start-Ups That Last. Harvard Business Review.
Toppr. (n.d.). Attention Required! | Cloudflare.
In your response to two peers, address the following:
- Compare the scaling challenges that you have chosen to the choices of your peers. Explain the importance of communication style and work collaboration processes in overcoming these challenges.
- Do you agree with the characteristics of managers identified by your peers? Justify your view. Direction
- Write a post of 1 to 2 paragraphs.
- Demonstrate more depth and thought than saying things like “I agree” or “You are wrong.” Guidance is provided for you in the discussion prompt.
- Consider content from other parts of the course where appropriate. Use proper citation methods for your discipline when referencing scholarly or popular sources.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.