i dentify the databases (e.g., CINAHL, Medline) and key terms used in initiating the collective search for all of the studies (not each study)
1. Select a relevant clinical practice based problem/topic.
2. Describe the current clinical practice based problem/topic and include
•Population of interest
3. Search the literature for four (4) evidence-based
interventions on the problem/topic of interest. The literature can
be individual studies or systematic reviews. A systematic review
counts as one (1) intervention. If using a systematic review,
report on the review, not on the studies identified in the review.
The studies must be within the discipline of nursing (not
medicine). All of the studies MUST be intervention studies. Review
what constitutes an intervention study.
• identify the databases (e.g., CINAHL, Medline) and key terms used in initiating the collective search for all of the studies (not each study)
• • Describe evidence found in the literature
4. Write the PICOT question in sentence form using the following
format. The question must reflect an issue or intervention within
the discipline of nursing (not medicine). This means the question
must be about something nurses have authority over, not something
that is prescribed and/or carried out by physicians or another
discipline. Interdisciplinary interventions are encouraged. An
example of a PICOT Question and PICOT template can be found on
Appendix A or the accompanying Melynk & Fineout-Overholt (2014)
3rd edition text online.
• P = Population –who does this problem primarily effect (i.e. Nurses, patients, families, etc.)?
• I = Intervention or issue interest –what is the proposed intervention identified in the literature as best practice?
• C = Comparison intervention or comparison group –what is the current practice? Compare the best practice intervention identified in the literature with the current practice.
• O= Outcome –how would you determine if the change/implementation has been effective?
• T = Time –how long would the new change/intervention need to be in effect before you anticipate evaluating the outcome?
5. 2-3 pages
6. Include level 1 and level 2 headings, an introductory paragraph, purpose statement and a conclusion.
7. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’).
8. Four (4) references from professional peer-reviewed nursing journals to support the paper. References should be from scholarly peer-reviewed journals (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your order to get it. You can also order a custom nursing assignment or coursework. Click on the Order Button below.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.