Chapter 6 examines the purpose of authentic assessment, as well as the pros and cons of using authentic assessments with children. Imagine that your program, school, or center has adopted performance assessment to measure a child’s growth. Your supervisor has asked you to create a letter for families explaining performance assessment. In your letter, you must address the following:
- At least two reasons why using performance assessment with children is a reliable method of measuring growth.
- At least two typical concerns associated with performance assessment and how you will address those concerns.
- At least two different performance assessments that you will use in the classroom and why you will use these assessments.
Post your letter to the discussion forum.
Guided Response:Review several of your peers’ responses. Respond to at least two of your peers by providing feedback on their letter. Remember to make sure your feedback is professional. When providing feedback to your peers about their letter, be sure to consider the following points:
- What are the overall strengths of the letter? Be specific.
- Are there any points that were not considered in the letter that you think would be beneficial to include?
- What is another type of performance assessment that you believe your classmate should consider including in their letter? Justify why you believe they should include this assessment.
Though two replies is the basic expectation, for deeper
engagement and learning you are encouraged to provide responses to
any comments or questions others have given to you. Remember,
continuing to engage with peers and the instructor will further the
conversation and provide you with opportunities to demonstrate your
content expertise, critical thinking, and real-world experiences
with this topic.
Carefully review the Grading Rubricfor the criteria that will be used to evaluate your discussio
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.