note;Just that the work needs to be authentic. The parsing and lexer needs to be done by hand
The first programming project involves writing a program that parses, using recursive descent, a GUI definition language defined in an input file. Attached are the project description and testing .txt file examples.
1. Implement a lexer capable of recognizing all the terminal symbols of the grammar (tokens/lexemes - those in blue)
2. Implement a recursive descent parser that (using the lexer from 1.) will be able to parse the input file and detect a syntax error (the first one is enough, then the parser exits gracefully)
3. As a result of parsing the input file, an output file will be generated, reporting the parsing steps followed by the parser in a manner similar to the one described by Sebesta (10th edition) on pages 181-186.
I attached the project description, that's all the professor provided. Preferably, I would like to have the code done in Java. No, I am not allowed to use any parser/lexer generators. Here are the only notes that the professor included that I left out:
the complete list of deliverables for Project 1 is:
1. All the source code files (Java, C/C++ or C#, depending on the language you choose for the implementation)
2. The modified version of the testing file "Testing.docx" (attached) where you filled the cells under "Actual output" for each of the 6 input examples provided (or as many as your program can process)
This is what the end result the professor seeks:
1. You read the input file and post the results of the parsing process in an output (txt) file.
2. You read the input file and post the results of the parsing process on the standard output (screen), but then you copy/paste them in the Testing document.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.