Unit 3 Discussion: How Important Are People?
1111 unread replies.3030 replies.
REMEMBER: In order to avoid a 10-point deduction, main posts are now due by Thursday at midnight.
You may want to watch this videobefore doing this assignment because it will help you.
Now that we have learned more about managing processes, we are ready to learn more about managing people.
Shawn has said that he thinks information resources are the most important factor of production. Sofia disagrees. Sofia thinks that people who work for the business are the most important factor of production. You might agree with Shawn or with Sofia. However, there is no doubt that our people are extremely important resources.
We all know that we want a qualified and competent labor force. This means hiring the very best people possible. Let’s first look at our own leadership abilities, and then we will look at how we will manage and motivate the people who work for our business.
Main Post Instructions:
In your main post, respond to the following points:
1. Examine your own potential to be a manager and to be a leader by answering these questions (Chapter 9):
- Describe one skill or trait you possess that allows you to manage?
- Describe one skill or trait you possess that allows you to lead?
2. Consider Emotional Intelligence Quotient or EQ (Chapter 8, pg 9).
- How would you rate your own EQ or Emotional Quotient on a scale of 1-10 (low to high)?
- Describe your most important EQ strength? (See the opening thread in this discussion board.)
- In which area do you need to improve? (See the opening thread in this discussion board.)
3. Let’s assume you are hiring a potential manager for your business.
- Identify three skills or personality traits you would look for in the person you hire.
- Why is each of those three traits particularly important?
Are you looking for the best quality essay writingservices?
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.