Write a position essay on one of the topics below. In this
essay, your task is to first explain the authors’ view(s) on one of
the topics below as clearly and thoroughly as possible. Within the
body of your essay, state your position and defend it by
formulating an argument. For example, if you choose to discuss
Machiavelli’s use of virtu, then you will first need to explain his
use of the term as clearly and as thoroughly as possible.
Your next task is to state your position on this issue, and then construct a defence of your position by formulating an argument.
Submit your essay to your tutor for grading and feedback using the assignment link. Reference any ideas that you use from the course materials or from any other source using a standard citation format such as APA. Be sure to contact your course tutor if you need assistance or even if you just want to discuss your ideas. Your essay will be evaluated on the clarity and thoroughness of your comparison, how well you support your position, and on your writing style.
1. Explain Augustine’s conception of human nature and explain how his view is reflected in his understanding of who should rule. State and defend your position.
2. Discuss the role of women in Hildegard’s politics and cosmology. Argue for or against the way in which Hildegard included women in society.
3. Extend earlier comparisons of the ideas of Plato and Aristotle on what makes life good to all of the major political philosophers studied in the course. Provide an argument supporting one philosopher’s view of the good life.
4. Explain Machiavelli’s view on the use of force to maintain power as well as the limits of this power. Argue for or against this view.
5. Discuss the virtu characteristics of a Machiavellian prince and explain the relationship between virtu and a prince’s ability to maintain power. State your position and argue for it.
"Are you looking for this answer? We can Help click Order Now"
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.