Assessment 2 Assessment Type: Business Proposal â€“ group assessment â€“2500 word report and 10 minute presentation â€“ group assessment. Purpose: This assessment is designed to allow students to demonstrate their ability to apply the theoretical concepts and models to real world current situations. As a group activity it also allows students to further develop their team work skills and professional presentation and communications skills. This assessment relates to Learning Outcomes a, b, c, d and e. Value: Report 30% Presentation 10% Total 40% Due Date: Notification of presentation week in Week 4 in class All reports due Week 10, 5.00 pm Monday 25 January 2016 Presentations Weeks 7- 11 â€“ specific dates will be advised during trimester. Please note that while this assessment is due in week 10 of the trimester, pairs should start working on the assessment as early in term as possible to maximise their chances of obtaining a good mark. Pairs that leave the assessment until week 9 or later are unlikely to do well. Submission: Reports: ONE ONLY COPY PER GROUP of the report should be uploaded to Moodle and to Turnitin via the link on the Moodle Subject homepage . Presentations: In class in the weeks allocated to each group â€“ groups will be allocated a session in Week 4. Topic: An entrepreneurial business proposal â€“ budget $200,000 for the first year. Task Details: An Entrepreneurial Venture - groups are to develop an entrepreneurial product or service that could be commercialised. The group is to assume it is seeking funding of $100,000 to add to the existing funds of $100,000, and include a financial plan for the use of these funds for the first financial year. The product or service should be original and producible (i.e. no science fiction). The primary target market should be local, although secondary markets may be reached via the internet. Pricing, distribution and promotion strategies should reflect this. To assist groups in managing their progress, pairs of students should be finalised by week 4 and advise the tutor of their chosen product or service and primary market for approval. The proposal should be communicated in a 2000 â€“ 2500 word report, containing all relevant detail and supporting evidence (in attachments), and a presentations as if to a potential financer. The presentation should be a sale pitch for the business venture. Presentation: Report: Students should present this idea/venture in a 2000 - 2500 word report containing: 14) A Title Page (consider the design â€“ it needs to look attractive and professional) 15) Executive Summary 16) Table of Contents 17) Background (to the idea) 18) Mission 19) Product (Service) offering 20) Market analysis a) Industry analysis b) Competition 21) Primary Target market 22) Marketing a) Product (probably similar to section 3 above â€“ additional detail where necessary) b) Pricing BUS302 BUS302 ENTREPRENEURSHIP T315 GH 09 NOV 2015 Page 10 of 14 *AUSTRALIAN INSTITUTE OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT PTY LTD ABN: 72 132 629 979 CRICOS 03171A c) Distribution d) Promotion 23) Financial plan 24) Critical risks 25) Reference list identifying all sources used â€“ these should also be found in the body of the report where used and referenced using Harvard - Anglia style referencing. 26) Attachments as required. Remember, images of the product, brand and promotions will add value to the report. Oral Presentation: All group members MUST participate in the presentation. Presentations should be a â€œsales pitchâ€ covering the main elements as below â€“ detail should be contained in the report. Information can be covered in any order in the presentation, but should contain all main elements of the Report. While it is not expected that you will â€œdressâ€ for the presentation, students should make an effort to look clean and tidy at least. You will need to present your product marketing proposal to the class in a presentation lasting NO LONGER THAN 10 minutes. Groups exceeding 10 minutes will be asked to stop. It is strongly recommended that participants prepare their presentations well in advance of the presentation date, and make some effort to practice their presentation. This will improve the presentation overall, and give those involved a chance to improve and time manage their presentations. The class represents the funding source that will authorise funding for your group to proceed if they are persuaded your ideas and product marketing proposal will be effective. Groups should use any visual aids they need to â€œSELLâ€ their ideas to the managing body. More involving (better) presentations use more than just a set of power-point slides
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.