- Define society and sociology.
- Describe the history of sociology.
- Identify the “Founding Mothers and Fathers” of sociology and the three main theoretical perspectives.
- Describe how sociologists study society.
- Demonstrate the research process and research methods sociologists use.
- Compare the strengths and weaknesses of the different research methods.
You should then connect YOUR reality to THESE LEARNING OBJECTIVES showing you understand them! You will write in the first person
By explain, I mean:After completing the reading, take a moment to reflect. Then imagine how you might explain to a friend the key concepts, ideas and information from this reading that you think is most important to understand and remember. Ideas should be clearly stated and fully explained.
By discuss, I mean:Express your own thoughts in response to the key concepts, ideas, and information from this reading. In what ways does it make sense to you? In what ways does it seem significant to broader societal issues? In what ways does it shift the perspective of the ways in which many people think? Etc. In what ways can you put these readings “in dialogue” with other things you’ve learned, in other courses, through your own experiences, with what you’ve learned from social media, popular culture, and news media, etc?
- Each of your response should utilize at least THREE quotes from the text that you engage, consider the following when using quotes.
- Quotes should be 1-2 sentences in length; 1 sentence works best.Integrate the quote into your paragraph; don’t just plot it down.
- Include the author’s last name and page number of the quote at the end of the sentence in which the quote appears.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.