CWV101 Christian Worldview
Week 3 Assignment
Fall of Humanity: Then and Now
In this assignment, you will analyze the implications of the fall of humanity, consider the impact of the fall on humanity, and reflect on the continuing consequences of the fall for people throughout human history.
One of the central components of every worldview is the topic of human nature. The topic of human nature asks questions about human value, human flourishing, and human purpose. Within the Christian worldview, the issue of sin and the consequences of the fall factor prominently into the topic of human nature.
Use the “Fall of Humanity: Then and Now Worksheet” to complete this assignment.
In this two-part assignment, you will explore the topic of human nature from the perspective of the Christian worldview. The first part of the assignment involves gathering research. The second part of the assignment addresses how the effects of the fall are still evident in the world today.
While GCU style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using GCU documentation guidelines, which can be found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Fall of Humanity: Then and Now Worksheet
PART ONE: THE FALL – THEN
Read the assigned readings in Topic 3 (textbook Chapter 4, Lecture 3, “The Mystery of Original Sin” article, and Bible passages) and address the following questions with a total word count (including all questions and answers combined) of 500-900 words.
Cite all of the resources used with in-text citations, using at least two sources from the Topic 3 readings. Include these in the reference list at the end of the assignment.
Write your paragraph response directly below each question:
1. What is revealed about human nature (from Genesis 1-2)?
2. What are the consequences of the fall for human nature (from Genesis 3)?
3. What is revealed about human purpose from the readings? What does it mean for humans to flourish, in other words to achieve spiritual, emotional, and mental well-being?
4. How might these questions about human nature, purpose, and flourishing be answered by those holding a pantheistic or atheistic (choose one) worldview?
PART TWO: THE FALL – NOW
Consider how the fall and humanity’s exposure to good and evil are seen in the way some people treat themselves and others in dehumanizing ways today (examples: abuse, addiction, bullying, domestic violence, eating disorders, human trafficking, pornography, poverty, racism, vandalism, etc.).
Choose one act of dehumanization and write the script for a short TV public service announcement in 350-650 words. Use at least two different sources from the GCU Library cited in the text and listed below in the list of references. Include the following:
• Highlight how the act of dehumanization is evident in the world today.
• Provide solid ideas for prevention.
• Include statistics, causes, and impact on people (victim, perpetrator, others as appropriate).
• Discuss how a God-centered worldview contributes to a solution.
• Include notes within the script about the images and video that would be included when shooting the commercial.
From the topic materials, view the two examples of a public service announcement:
1. Child Internet Safety PSA – Online Predators
2. Dangers of Sexting: What Teens Need to Know
Write your paper below:
List at least two references below for each part of the assignment above, for a minimum of four references. Prepare these references according to the guidelines found in the Student Success Center. Include the permalink for the GCU Library sources used.
Shuster, M. (2013). The mystery of original sin: We don’t know why God permitted the fall, but we know all too well the evil and sin that still plague us. Christianity Today, 57(3), 38-41. Retrieved from https://lopes.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=rfh&AN=ATLA0001935909&site=ehost-live&scope=site
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.