CWV101 Christian Worldview
Week 4 Review
This topic review is a tool designed to prepare students for the Topic 4 Quiz. Instructors will grade the topic review for completion. Save the topic review to your computer and submit when complete.
When completing this review, answers should be in your own words or quoted with quotation marks, and be drawn from one of the course readings (textbook and lecture referenced below), or other sources listed in the syllabus. Outside sources, including internet sites, are not acceptable. When quoting and paraphrasing, include all authors’ last names for citations that have multiple authors. For quoted citations, be sure to include the page or paragraph number(s).
The quiz will be graded for accuracy, so take time to seek the correct answers for this topic review before you attempt the quiz. Once you start the quiz, do not exit the quiz until the entire quiz is completed. Exiting out of the quiz before it is complete may result in a zero grade.
Please type your answers below each question.
1. Read Philippians 2:5-8 and briefly describe the direction Jesus’ life took.
2. Read John 1:1-3. What other familiar passage in Scripture does this remind you of?
3. In what ways does the textbook say that Jesus is similar to Moses and David?
4. Briefly summarize the parable of the sower from Mark 4.
5. Briefly list the three temptations of Jesus from Matthew 4.
6. How is Jesus described in 1 Corinthians 1:24 and John 1:1?
7. In the lecture, Jesus is described as fully God and fully man; now briefly describe the Trinity and Jesus’ position in the Trinity.
8. Briefly describe the kingdom of God as taught in the textbook.
9. Read John 10:1-18 and briefly summarize how Jesus cares for his sheep.
10. Briefly summarize the context and story of the parable of the good Samaritan in Luke 10:29-37.
11. According to the lecture, what is the atonement, and where in the Old Testament is this referred to in prophecy seven times?
12. What does the incarnation refer to?
13. According to the lecture, what three reasons are stated in Scripture for why God became a man in the person of Jesus Christ?
14. Read 1 Corinthians 1:18-25. What is the Apostle Paul referring to when he says at the end, “the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men”?
Lecture 4. (2017). CWV-101: Christian Worldview. Phoenix, AZ: Grand Canyon University.
Merrick, J. (2015). The wisdom and mercy of God. In Grand Canyon University (Ed.), The beginning of wisdom: An introduction to Christian thought and life (2nd ed.). Available from http://gcumedia.com/digital-resources/grand-canyon-university/2015/the-beginning-of-wisdom_an-introduction-to-christian-thought-and-life_ebook_2e.php
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.