Network Security Plan Project Assignment
The Acme Corporation is a new startup that wishes to sale their
new phone to the public called Acmephone, a more secure version of
the phone to business organizations, called the Acmephone B+, and
highly secure version of the phone, called the Acmephone G+, to the
government. Due to the fear of corporate espionage and government
security requirements, there are many security concerns that must
be addressed. As a security professional, you have been employed to
design a network infrastructure for their two campuses located in
Atlanta and Cincinnati based upon the following specifications:
1. There needs to be a constant connection between the two locations that can carry at least 50 Mbps of data.
2. Each facility has three floors. The buildings are rectangular with each floor being 350’x350’.
3. There will be 200 network connections on each floor with an additional 100 network connections in the data centers located on the third floor of each building.
4. The primary data center will be located at the Atlanta location.
5. There will be a failover data center at the Cincinnati location.
6. Each location should be protected from intrusions that are not limited to state change attacks.
7. The Atlanta location will house the two secure development teams. As such, it will need the most security. To further complicate the design, there will be database servers and the corporate Web servers housed at that location as well.
8. There will be database servers located at the Cincinnati site.
9. The servers must have redundancy.
10. The solution must have a plan to verify security measures.
Your job is to develop a network design to meet the requirements above.
1. You should submit a network drawing listing the network’s topology including any necessary hardware.
2. You should list any recommended cable.
3. You can recommend wiring closets wherever you need them.
4. You should recommend ways to assure that you are not getting attacked.
5. You should build traps to stop attackers.
6. You should recommend any WAN or wireless technologies.
7. You should recommend any technology needed in the data center for high availability.
8. Justify your recommendations.
Paper formatting requirements:
Your paper must be submitted as a Microsoft Word document with double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins. You should have at least 10 pages, not including Title and Reference pages. Please include appropriate diagrams and images for your network security plan. All academic sources must be cited using the latest APA guidelines. Section and Sub-section headings should be used throughout the paper. Please review APA guidelines here: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/for reference.
· For in-text citations, the citation needs to go inside the end of the sentence. For example: This is my sentence on APA formatting (APA, 2016).
· For references, this list should start on a new page at the end of your document with a hanging indent (the title of the page should be References). You do not need to include the retrieved date. Here are some examples:
Smyth, A. M., Parker, A. L., & Pease, D. L. (2002). A study of enjoyment of peas. Journal of Abnormal Eating, 8(3), 120-125. Retrieved from http://www.articlehomepage.com/full/url/
Bernstein, M. (2002). 10 tips on writing the living Web. A List Apart: For People Who Make Websites, 149. Retrieved from http://www.alistapart.com/articles/writeliving
De Huff, E. W. (n.d.). Taytay’s tales: Traditional Pueblo Indian tales. University of Pennsylvania. Retrieved from http://digital.library.upenn.edu/women/dehuff/taytay/taytay.html
· Start your paragraph with an indent (tab).
· Use section and sub-section headings
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.