Special Topics In Child And Adolescent Psychiatry
IT HAS TO BE IN APA WITH CITATION AND AT LEAST 3 REFERENCE.
Many children face special issues that impact everyday life, whether it is within themselves, their families, or their environment. The PMHNP must be sensitive to these many issues that children and adolescents are faced with during important developmental years.
Save your time – order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlines
In this Discussion, you select a special population and analyze the psychological issues that the population faces. You also address the assessment and treatment needs of the population.
- Analyze psychological issues that may arise in children faced with special circumstances
- Evaluate assessment measures used with children faced with special circumstances
- Evaluate treatment options used with children faced with special circumstances
- Analyze cultural influences on treatments (D)
To Prepare for the Discussion:
- Review the Learning Resources.
- Select one of the following topics for the Discussion:
- Foster care
- Gender dysphoria
- Forensic issues
- Impact of terrorism on children
Note: For this Discussion, you are required to complete your initial post before you will be able to view and respond to your colleagues’ postings. Begin by clicking on the “Post to Discussion Question” link and then select “Create Thread” to complete your initial post. Remember, once you click submit, you cannot delete or edit your own posts and cannot post anonymously. Please check your post carefully before clicking Submit !
By Day 3
- Write your selected disorder in the subject line of your Discussion post.
- Explain the psychological issues that may result from your topic.
- Describe the most effective assessment measure that could be used, and explain why you selected this.
- Explain the treatment options available for children and adolescents involved with your selected disorder.
- Explain how culture may influence treatment.
American Nurses Association. (2014). Psychiatric-mental health nursing: Scope and standards of practice (2nd ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
Standards 11 “Communication” (page 75)
Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2014). Kaplan & Sadock’s synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry(11th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
Chapter 31, “Child Psychiatry” (pp. 1279–1323)
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders(5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
“Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders”
“Other Conditions That May Be a Focus of Clinical Attention”
“Cultural Formulation” Note:You will access this book from the Walden Library databases.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.