GETTING A JOB 101
Section 1For each question in this section, select the most appropriate response.
1. One of your customers has just said to you, “The service here is terrible.” You should say:
“What is it about the service that you have not liked?”
“Would you like to fill out a complaint form? I can get one for you.”
“I realize our service is poor today. We are understaffed, so I apologize.”
“I am really sorry to hear you say that, but we are trying as hard as we can.”
2. A customer came to your department with an urgent question. You promised her that you wouldcollect information about her question and answer it by noon. It will take you at least 20 minutes togather the information needed to provide an answer. It is now 11:50 a.m. Your supervisor justscheduled a 30-minute meeting to start at noon. This meeting is for all employees in yourdepartment. You decide to:
Find the customer after the meeting and apologize.
Ask your supervisor if you can be late for the meeting.
Arrange to have the customer call you back at a better time.
Contact the customer right away and hope that she can be found.
3. Terry, who has been an employee in your department for about six months, can be careless aboutsafety. He hasn’t been involved in any serious accidents, but he’s had many near misses. Yoursupervisor asked you to introduce a new employee, Susan, to the department and to help with hertraining. Terry overheard and offered to show Susan the safety procedures. Your supervisorthought that would be a great idea. What should you do?
Tell Terry that you think it would be better if he let you do the training.
Tell your supervisor that Terry has had many near misses and not much experience.
Let Terry give Susan the safety training.
Volunteer to help Terry train Susan on the safety procedures.
4. It’s been a very busy day, and you have just gotten a customer complaint. This is the third timetoday that this same customer has complained to an employee about the same problem. However,it’s the first time that you have spoken with her. Your best course of action is to:
Ask the customer to wait and ask the employee who last dealt with the customer why the problem was notfixed.
Ask the customer to wait and ask the employee who last dealt with the customer to speak to her.
Apologize to the customer and ask if she would like to speak to a supervisor.
Apologize to the customer and ask how you can help fix the problem.
5. Each shift, you have to complete several tasks before leaving for the day. It is near the end of yourshift and you probably will not have enough time to finish all of your assigned work before leaving.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.