Please read Chapters 11 and 12 in the textbook, as well as the article Leadership as a Function of Power,and then address the Week 6 Leadership Reflection Questions. Please use the Leadership Reflection Questions template provided to format your paper. Note that APA format is NOT required for Leadership Reflection Question assignments - only case studies and the final paper. Please remember the 750 word minimum for these assignments.
Part 1: Leadership Function of Power
Please read Chapter 12 in the textbook and the attached article ( Leadership Function of Power). Then address the following two question sets.
Provide an analysis, examples and evaluation of power use as described below.
- Define and describe the concept of "hard power" and the three types of this kind of power. Identify a work situation for eachof these three types of power in which the use of "hard power" (coercive, reward, legitimate) might be appropriate. For each situation:
- Identify and define the type of hard power used.
- Provide rationale for why the use of hard power is appropriate.
- Define and describe the concept of "soft power" and the two types of this kind of power. Identify a work situation for eachof these two types of power in which "soft power" (expert, referent) might be appropriate. For each situation:
- Identify and define the type of soft power used.
- Provide rationale for why the use of soft power is appropriate.
Note: The individuals involved in your examples do not need to be formal (positional) leaders.
Part 2: Leadership Diversity
Please read Chapter 11 in the textbook and then address the following two question sets.
- Refer to Exhibit 11.7 in the textbook (also below). Recall a leader that you have worked for. At what stage of personal diversity awareness was this leader? Describe examples of the leader’s behavior that support your assessment.
- At what stage of personal diversity awareness are you? Describe examples of your own behavior that support your assessment.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.