Scenario Patient is 62 years old AAM, who was seen today in the facility. Patient reported that prior to the admission into the facility
Patient is 62 years old AAM, who was seen today in the facility. Patient reported that prior to the admission into the facility; she was living with an abusive husband who physically abuses her and after divorcing him she became very depressed to extend that she wanted to kill herself. She overdoses on her pain medicine and end up in the hospital. Patient up till now still hearing her husband voice saying words to her. Patient reported that now she is in a safe place with all the care she is receiving. Patient was started on Alprazolam 2mg PO daily, by her psychiatrist. Patient still feeling depressed and also having, trouble sleeping. Anbiem 5mg 1 tab PO at bedtime
- Develop diagnoses for clients receiving psychotherapy*
- Evaluate the efficacy of motivational interviewing techniques for clients*
- Analyze legal and ethical implications of counseling clients with psychiatric disorders*
* The Assignment related to this Learning Objective is introduced this week and submitted in Week 7.
Save your time – order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlines
Select a client whom you observed or counseled this week. Then, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
- Describe the client (without violating HIPAA regulations) and identify any pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications.
- Using the DSM-5, explain and justify your diagnosis for this client.
- Explain whether motivational interviewing would be effective with this client. Include expected outcomes based on this therapeutic approach. Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
- Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling this client.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.