85. When an authority listens to both sides of a dispute, questions the parties to the conflict,
and then renders a judgment that both parties have agreed ahead of time to accept, which
of the following intervention strategies is in play?
86. Because mediation relies on agreements developed by all of the parties to the conflict,
mediation brings which of the following advantages to other forms of dispute resolution?
a. Solutions are more likely to be creative.
b. A mutual stake in the resolution is promoted.
c. Solutions are more likely to involve a compromise.
d. All of the above.
87. Which of the following is NOT a limitation of mediation?
a. Some people are not willing to work collaboratively with their "enemy."
b. It requires the parties to be involved in their own decision making process.
c. Parties have to be committed to working on the conflict.
d. If physical abuse has been present in the relationship, it may be difficult to deal with
the power imbalance.
88. Which of the following statements is FALSE?
a. Children can be effectively trained as mediators.
b. Mediation can be used in conjunction with counseling
c. Mediators need to be content experts in the area of dispute
d. Mediation takes many different forms in different contexts.
89. Which of the following is a potential advantage for using adjudication to manage conflicts?
a. No advantages exist.
b. Parties will have a firm decision on who is right.
c. Children are usually very satisfied in custody disputes.
d. Power imbalances may be corrected.
90. Which of the following contexts would be appropriate for mediation?
a. workplace disputes
b. teacher/student disagreements
c. conflict amongst members of a Homeowners' Association
d. Any of the above may be appropriate contexts for mediation.
91. When Lisa says to her husband, "You'd make a lousy father," she is communicating which
type of hurtful message?
93. According to the list of stages in the forgiveness process, what is the chronology of the
(1)"Why hasn't something like what happened to me happened to her?"
(2) "How would life be different if I forgave him?"
(3) "I can't believe this happened to me."
(4) "I made it through this experience and no longer harbor resentment."
a. 1, 2, 3, 4
b. 4, 3, 1, 2
c. 3, 2, 1, 4
d. 3, 1, 2, 4
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.