Select one of the following communities to research. When
you make your selection, carefully consider if you feel you will be
able to gather sufficient information to address required elements
of the assignment.
1) A specific Native American community.
2) A specific rural community.
3) An economically challenged community in the US.
4) A community in the US with a very large population of non-English speaking immigrants.
5) A poor inner city community.
Research the educational issues and potential solutions facing this community. Prepare a presentation on your findings for the class. Address the following areas through scholarly research. You must draw upon three scholarly articles. In addition to the scholarly articles, utilize data bases (such as the US census) and relevant newspaper articles.
1) Socioeconomic and Demographic Characteristics of the Community – Locate as much data as possible on the socioeconomic and demographic characteristics of the community under study. What is the average income? How many own homes? What is the ethnic make-up of the population? What is the average age of the population?
2) Educational Challenges – Research educational challenges facing the community. Depending on the community, this may involve searching newspaper articles, drawing conclusions based on data (student/teacher ratios, funding for schools, etc.), utilizing census data bases, etc.
4) Educational Solutions – What strategies might be effective in identifying problems? Have similar strategies been effective in the past?
Make a Power Point presentation. It should be approximately 15 slides. Integrate visually appealing images. Include in-text citations throughout your Power Point and references at the end. Take advantage of the text box below your slide to add in text.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Education appeared first on My Perfect Tutors.
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.