39) Contraction of mesangial cells results ina ________, which decreases glomerularfiltration.
A) decrease in surface area of capillariesavailable for filtration
B) increase in surface area of capillariesavailable for filtration
C) constriction of the afferent arterioles
D) dilation of the afferent arteriolesE) dilation of the efferent arterioles
40) Which of the following is NOT amechanism whereby glomerular filtrationrate is regulated?
41) A hemorrhage-induced decrease in meanarterial pressure will decrease glomerularfiltration rate by intrinsic and extrinsicmechanisms; the extrinsic mechanisms actthrough ________.
42) How does the sympathetic nervoussystem decrease glomerular filtration rate?
43) What is the primary barrier toreabsorption in the renal tubules?
A) capillary endothelial cell
B) tubule epithelial cell
C) capillary basement membrane
D) tubule basement membrane
E) peritubular space
44) What condition(s) must exist for a soluteto be passively reabsorbed from the renaltubules?
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.